Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is Swami Amar Jyoti?

Swami Amar Jyoti was born on May 6, 1928 in a small town in northwestern India https://plus.google.com/u/0/102004432037024937934, not far from the banks of the Indus River. His childhood interests were many: science, mathematics, music, composing, biking, drama and sports, and He brilliantly mastered all of these. His college education was briefly disrupted by the partition of India in 1947, but He quickly moved to a college in Mumbai (Bombay). Much precious by household and teachers, He stunned everyone with thedecision to leave house a couple of months prior to graduation, saying, "I wish to check out an open book of the world for my education."

Who's Swami Amar Jyoti?

At the age of nineteen, without cash or any particular destination, He took the first train to Calcutta. It was 1948. Refugees were pouring over the border of East Bengal (now Bangladesh) into West Bengal by the thousands every day. Living on a railway platform near the border of India and Bangladesh Swami Amar Jyoti, He quickly headed the entire volunteer corps there, working tirelessly 20 hours or more every day. After about 10 months, the flood of refugees went away and He went back to Calcutta.

Who's Swami Amar Jyoti?

He survived on the outskirts of the city in a quiet ashram and pursued classical music, sitar, spiritual studies and prayer. He began to meditate and do yoga and participated in puja (standard praise) at a nearby temple of a popular saint. In a short while He "understood" His life work. Very soon He retired to Himalaya where He lived in silence and meditation for about 10 years, one-pointed onthe Goal of Liberation. Many locations of trip were visited during those years, walking on foot numerous miles each day. However a little cavern at Gangotri, the temple village near the source of the Ganga River, was the location of His biggest spiritual disciplines, awakenings and, lastly, Illumination.

In 1958, taking initiation of Vidyut Sannyas (lit: "lightning"-- a kind of monasticism that is Self-initiated) at the holy website of Badrinath of Himalaya, and taking the name Swami Amar Jyoti (Swami-- Knower of the Self; Amar Jyoti-- Immortal Light), He descended into the plains of India for His God-given mission to the world. The very first Ashram Gurudeva established was Jyoti Ashram, under Ananda Niketan Trust, situated in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Throughout the years after leaving home, His mother had actually continued searching for Him and awaiting His return. In answer to her prayers, He settled in Pune where she could be near Him.

Do You know Swami Amar Jyoti?

In 1961, He accepted an offer by a follower to check out the United States. Again, He traveled unknown, though He quickly attracted numerous who had actually never ever seen such a holy man. Eventually He was encouraged to develop an Ashram, and Sacred Mountain Ashram was founded in 1974 followed in 1975 by Desert Ashram under Reality Consciousness, a nonprofit company that acts as a car for Gurudeva's operate in the United States.

The spiritual awakening in the world that Gurudeva exposes is the remarkable destiny of humanity, when freed from our restricted identity of self. Lovingly and constantly, He continues to uplift and purify each of us for this awakening, for His way is the ancient relationship of the Master to the disciple, the candle lit straight from the burning flame of Truth. Prabhushri continuously reminds us that we are at an advancement into a new age, where faiths will be changed into direct awakening and communion with our Highest Source. Like a mom whose love understands no bounds for her child, the Expert guides and supports the disciple on his or her own path to perfection, exposing in Himself the obtainable Truth of God Awareness.

After four decades spent in continuously traveling, offering Satsang and Retreats, establishing Ashrams and guiding countless souls to greater consciousness, Gurudeva took Mahasamadhi-- conscious release of the mortal body-- on June 13, 2001 in Louisville, Colorado. According to His wishes, His Asti Kalash (urn consisting of Sacred Remains) was reminded Jyoti Ashram by disciples from India. Within a year, a Samadhi Sthal in the form of a pure white marble pyramid was produced for irreversible consecration. It has therefore become a beacon Light, a location of expedition and meditation for all who are blessed to go into there.

The dedication of the Samadhi Sthal was carried out during five days of intricate Vedic pujas and fire ceremonies attended by hundreds of devotees, from June 9-13, 2002. At the end of the commitment, the Brahmin priest who led the pujas proclaimed the following: "As long as the sun and the moon and the stars and water (symbolic of life) exist, may this Samadhi Sthal be the Illuminator of countless souls, and might You continue to guide and bless us." Immortal Light-- The Blissful Life and Wisdom of Swami Amar Jyoti: A Biography in His Own Words is readily available from TruthConsciousness.org.

Comments

• I would like to show my admiration for your kind-heartedness giving support to persons that really want assistance with this study. Your real commitment to getting the message along appeared to be incredibly beneficial and has surely made workers much like me to reach their goals. This warm and helpful useful information means a great deal to me and especially to my office workers.
  • In this wonderful design of things you actually secure a B- with regard to effort. Exactly where you actually lost me ended up being in your facts. As they say, the devil is in the details... And it could not be more accurate at this point. Having said that, allow me tell you exactly what did deliver the results. The writing is certainly highly persuasive and this is most likely why I am taking an effort to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Second, even though I can notice the jumps in reason you come up with, I am definitely not sure of how you seem to connect your points which inturn produce the final result. For the moment I will, no doubt yield to your point however hope in the foreseeable future you link the dots much better.